Release 1.52.2 interactive links shortcode added

We’ve just added a new shortcode to the plugin that can be accessed by using the following shortcode

interactive_links    (with square brackets around it [])
example:

this is the default.  the default options are

interactive_links tweet = ‘yes’ like=’yes’ stumble=’no’ style=’button_count’

example:

With the counter of the share on the right

interactive_links style=’side_count’

example:

So now it’s even easier to show stuff in your blog the way you want.

All the best
andy

This entry was posted in release. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Release 1.52.2 interactive links shortcode added

1. Jaiji says:

Hi Andy,

Great plugin, it’s hitting the spot for my social networking needs.

I’m a little confused as to how to implement the Facebook Like button though. I’ve added the shortcode at the bottom of a page, the button shows up but doesn’t link to anywhere. It’s not clear to me what needs done in the admin section and I can’t find anything about it here, other than this post. I do have the FB URL in the Follow widget.

• andy killen says:

Hey Jaiji,

The like/tweet/stumble interactive buttons get the link from the page or post that they are on. Without being able to look at your site I can’t really tell you whats going on. If you are feeling intrepid then you can double check what page it is supposed to link to by viewing the contents of the iFRAME link for the like button. It should look somewhat like this:

<iframe src=”http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fshare-and-follow.com%2Fwordpress-plugin%2F2010%2F11%2Frelease-1-52-2-interactive-links-shortcode-added%2F&layout=button_count&show_faces=false&width=100&action=like&font=arial&colorscheme=light&height=65″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ style=”border:none; overflow:hidden; width:100px; height:21px;” allowtransparency=”true”></iframe>

where the href bit in bold will be the link it is supposed to be sharing.

Also please be aware that when people click the like button and are already logged in to facebook, it will automatically add the link to their newsfeed, if not it will prompt them to login.

Finally the best advice on top of that I can give you is to use Permalinks (Settings –> Permalinks in the admin screen, I set mine to year/month/name).
      regards
      Andy

regards
      andy

• Jaiji says:

Hi Andy

It seems to be a browser issue. In Firefox 3.6.12 (on XP) the Twitter button is fine, opens a popup etc. but the FB Like button has no response at all other than the mouseover indicating a link. Fine in Safari 3.1.2, Chrome 7 and Opera 10.63. That stands for the examples on this page as well as on my local dev setup. J

• andy killen says:

Hey Jaiji,

Sorry to say but I have no control over the creation/display of the facebook like button as it is an iFrame coming from Facebook. I would however say that this could be just a Firefox issue as there was some link problems with the release made a few weeks ago. They have been made aware of this by myself and did a new release I think last week fixing it.

regards
          Andy

2. Aaron says:

Hello,

I have two very small requests/suggestions, just thought you might be interested in some feedback…

The first is if possible, could you make the Facebook Like and Twitter Retweet buttons the same size, the Twitter one is slightly bigger. I know it is a little silly but it would make my posts look more neat.

Secondly, I’ve moved the Twitter Retweet box to the bottom of the article because of what I mentioned above, however doing so has placed it below the Share and Follow icons at the base of the article. I was hoping to have the Twitter Retweet button in line with the other icons, rather then below them. It may also benefit from a “Bottom Left” and “Bottom Right” option in the settings like there is with the “Top Left” and “Top Right”.

Just some ideas anyway, you’re doing an amazing job and I’m very thankful!

3. Dave says:

Hi Andy,

Great work, was curious about the current status of the interactive share buttons and if they could be implemented as a widget in a sidebar?

Best,
    Dave

• andy killen says:

Dave

When I get chance I will do it. As is often the case with wordpress plugins, I need to make real money first before I can waste it on share and follow time. Mortgage to pay and a new baby on the way….

regards
      Andy

4. Cyonpark says:

interactive_links style=’side_count’ -> it doesn’t works
    it still show the vertical one…

[interactive_links style=’side_count’]