release 1.52.5 now out. improved CSS caching and validation

Just released version 1.52.5 which had a few bug fixes in it and some improvements.

Bug fixes

• Tag sharing now does not put up a strange unwanted heading on the share widget
  • Changed share widget to grab the correct email body text
  • changed email share button to have %20 for spaces, and &body= in urlencoded format
  • added alt=”follow word” to the follow word image tag

Improvements

• better CSS caching (faster)
  • reduced amount of CSS code
  • automatically changed & in headings into ‘and’ so that twitter shares don’t look so strange if they include a &.  i.e. Share & Follow becomes Share and Follow
  • Now validates 100%
  • Reduced the share widget code

So mainly this was bug fixing with a few improvements

As ever do let me know if you have any problems.

regards
Andy

This entry was posted in release. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to release 1.52.5 now out. improved CSS caching and validation

1. Pingback: Frank MacDonald » release 1.52.5 now out. improved CSS caching and validation …

2. daniel says:

Now it’s perfect for me! Thanks!

3. Hey Andy,

I just purchased the API Key and activated the product in wordpress and got the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/trymlmex/public_html/wp-content/plugins/share-and-follow/admin-page.php on line 225

Thanks,
    Mike

4. Alberto says:

Hi, I have some problems with the plugin in the W3C validation: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=lidar.com.es
    How can I fix it?
    Thanks in advance!

5. Matt says:

Hey Andy,

Thanks for a such a great plug-in! I was wondering how I can get the icons to go horizontally instead of vertically. Also, do you know of any other ideas to get rid of the bullet points? I know you told someone to try changing the “Add theme support” to “Kubric/Default” but that didn’t work.

Thank you!

-Matt

• andy killen says:

Hey Matt,

I’ve just taken a look at your site and I think the problem is based on not having a certain command in your head section. Basically the plugin relies on a “hook” called wp_head(); to exist in your header.php in your theme.

To fix it all you need to do is edit the file called header.php and make sure that before the closing head tag that the wp_head(); command exists. (this should exist in all themes, and will be used by many plugins)
      It should look like this

<?php wp_head(); ?>
      </head>

All the best and do let me know if you have further problems.
      Andy

PS. Matt, I’ve edited my comment, please do come to the site to make sure of what it should look like

6. algaivel says:

I want to use my Panoramio profile. Please add Panoramio.com to your plugin.

7. mike says:

Hi, this plugin not validate in XHTML 1.0 Strict. Any solution?.

Thank you very much and congratulations for this plugin. Very useful.

• andy killen says:

I took a line of best fit and so did not worry abotu xhtml strict, but do worry about all other versions of html since html v4. I will however be adding it to a future version

8. andre baars says:

I find out that your plugin causes a problem on my wp-site. I had problems before with upgrading, the total wp site freezes. I stopped upgrading.

Now we have changed the server to a VPS. Again the plugin causes a freeze on the total site again. I removed the plugin and remove the latest version. It starts smooth, but after a while the whole site is going down again.

We have a lot of traffic lately, I cannot experiment to much on the production site. I am not an expert, but think that php is the key to the problem. Can you please help that i can use your fantastic plugin?

Best regards,
    André Baars

• andy killen says:

Andre

can you post your errors in here? I can only believe that it can be a time out error on download or the files being too large. the current zip is around 3mb, maybe you server does not allow that??

From experience the best way to get around this is to download the plugin locally, un-zip and the FTP to the server.

regards